Accordingly this policy states:
- There will be no assistance or advice to non-members, subject to paragraph 5. Non-members will be encouraged to join the ANMF for future support and assistance for issues that arise after becoming a financial member of ANMF.
- Where a person joins the ANMF and, following payment of membership fees a problem develops, then that member shall be entitled to immediate advice and assistance.
- Where a person experiences a problem while he/she was a financial member of ANMF, but is no longer eligible to be a member of ANMF, he/she shall continue to receive advice and assistance in relation to that problem.
- Where a non-member seeks advice about an existing problem or a member seeks advice about a problem that arose prior to the time they joined the ANMF, no advice and/or assistance will be granted, subject to the provisions of paragraph 5 below.
- In the interests of progressing the objectives of the ANMF and the profession, a special exemption may be granted at the discretion of the Secretary or her nominee/s, whereby the above clauses may be waived in whole or in part.
- When an exemption is granted it will be subject to such conditions as determined by the Secretary.
- Where any legal proceedings are commenced for or on behalf of a person in respect of any matter that arose when that person was not a member of the ANMF, any penalty ordered by the Court must be payable to the ANMF.