ANMF began negotiating wages and conditions for registered nurses and personal care workers employed in the private and not-for-profit aged care sector in the second half of 2008.
These negotiations take place approximately every three years and over the last six years aged care members and Job Reps have shown an increased commitment to support their campaign for better wages and staffing levels.
What registered nurses and personal care workers can do to improve private aged care
- Encourage your nursing and personal care worker colleagues to become a member of ANMF. Analysis of agreements demonstrates that aged care facilities with higher ANMF membership have better wages and working conditions.
- Let them know about they could win $1000 if they join ANMF. Existing members can also win $1000. See membership competition for details.
- Elect at least one Job Rep if your facility does not already have one. The Job Rep is a vital communication link between the ANMF office and the workplace. Analysis of agreements demonstrates aged care facilities with higher ANMF membership and an elected Job Rep have better wages and conditions. For information or to elect a Job Rep download the Become a Job Rep brochure in the resources box on this page. Alternatively call your ANMF Organiser on 03 9275 9333.
- Join the ANMF (Vic Branch) Aged Care Special Interest Group by calling Vanessa Standfield on 03 9275 9333.
- Participate and support the Federal ANMF Because We Care community campaign.