Victorian private acute sector nurses and midwives' agreements will start expiring on 29 February 2012.
Private acute sector Job Reps finalised a log of claims
, based on the public sector log of claims, last October. The key claims include:
- a minimum 18.5 per cent wage increase over four years
- qualification allowance to be paid on all hours worked including overtime and recall
- improved on-call allowance
- improved night duty allowance
- improved education/professional development leave
- access to 14 weeks paid parental leave and two weeks partner leave
- a new enrolled nurses career structure.
ANMF will be using the new public sector agreement as a benchmark for upcoming talks in private acute hospitals.
ANMF will be communicating with members about your workplace's agreement expiry date, workplace negotiations and upcoming members meetings. If you want to have a say in your negotiations and improve your wages and conditions, it is vital that you attend all members meetings.
It is also important that your ward or unit is represented by at least two ANMF Job Reps. To nominate as a Job Rep please fill in this form.