For information regarding TUTA leave eligibility, accomodation, travel and more
How to register for a program
- you must be an ANMF Job Rep to enrol in these programs.
- Register using the form attached to the brochure in the resources box and post to ANMF (Vic Branch) Box 12600 A'Beckett Street Post Office, Melbourne VIC 8006 or fax to 03 9275 9389 or register online at www.anfvic.asn.au (will be available soon).
- Melbourne/metropolitan area Job Reps need to select program code and preferred dates, including a first choice and second choiceregional area Job Reps need to select the dates for the training being held in your area
- ANMF will provide you with written confirmation of your registration together with a written "request for leave" application. If you do not receive this within your required roster posting period, please contact Bree Taplin a on 03 9275 9333 as it usually means we have not received your application.
If you need to cancel (and/or reschedule) please let us know as soon as possible so we may offer your place to another Job Rep.
Lunch and morning tea are provided by the ANMF.
Paid union training leave to attend
Leave may be granted by your employer for Job Reps in the following ways:
- Public Sector (General) may apply for paid union training leave as per Clause 15 of the Nurses (Victorian Public Health Sector) Multiple Business Agreement 2007-2011
- Public Sector Psychiatric Services may apply as per the Victorian Psychiatric Services Agreement 2004-2007.
- Maternal and child health nurses can apply for paid union training leave as per your workplace Enterprise Agreement.
- Private sector, Royal District Nursing Service and Australian Red Cross Blood Service may apply for paid training leave according to your Enterprise Agreement OR according to arrangements with your employer.
ANMF (Vic Branch) policy provides a subsidy for "loss of pay" for Job Reps attending this training who cannot access paid leave (i.e. not in your Enterprise Agreement and paid leave not agreed to by employer).
ANMF provides and arranges accommodation for Job Reps whose workplace is more than 70kms from the training venue, either regional based or Melbourne. For Melbourne courses accommodation is provided at the Hotel Ibis (15 Therry Street, Melbourne) in either a two-bedroom apartment or standard single room (depending on numbers). Melbourne and regional accommodation includes breakfast and an evening meal to the value of $30. ANMF books the accommodation from the night prior to the program unless you advise us otherwise. Accommodation details for regional programs are advised on confirmation of registration. Please confirm your accommodation requirements with the ANMF 14 days prior to the course.
The ANMF reimburses travel costs as follows:
- when your workplace is more than 70 kms from the Melbourne GPO, either a standard return rail fare or petrol subsidy including City Link tolls
- metropolitan public transport costs or City Link tolls
- parking fees
- taxi fares cannot be reimbursed without prior authorisation
- regional courses (petrol subsidy for greater than 20 kms from venue).
For auditing purposes we require copies of travel tickets and odometer readings.
Job Reps can also register online at www.anfjobrep.com.au.
Bree Taplin on 03 9275 9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org