Most Job Reps are entitled to apply for paid training leave according to their Award or Certified Agreement.
What leave can I access to attend Job Rep training?
Leave may be granted by your employer for Job Reps in the following ways:
- Public Sector (General) may apply for paid union training leave as per Clause 15 of the Nurses (Victorian Public Health Sector) Multiple Business Agreement 2007-2011
- Public Sector Psychiatric Services may apply as per the Victorian Psychiatric Services Agreement 2004-2007.
- Maternal and child health nurses can apply for paid union training leave as per your workplace Enterprise Agreement.
- Private sector, Royal District Nursing Service and Australian Red Cross Blood Service may apply for paid training leave according to your Enterprise Agreement OR according to arrangements with your employer.
ANMF (Vic Branch) policy provides a subsidy for "loss of pay" for Job Reps attending this training who cannot access paid leave (i.e. not in your Enterprise Agreement and paid leave not agreed to by employer).
How to apply for paid training leave
- Register for a course at least six weeks prior.
- ANMF will write to your Director of Nursing requesting paid union training
leave as per your enterprise bargaining agreement.
- If you are denied paid union training leave call ANMF Training Officer Melva
Austin on 03 9275 9333.
ANMF Information Line
Ph: 03 9275 9333