Preadmission Nurses Association provides a forum that facilitates communication and discussion, addresses problem solving and encourages professional development for nurses working in the area of preadmission.
President: Kate Hussey firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President: Di Chenoweth email@example.com
Secretary: John Gardiner firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Yook Lin Chong
Executive Member: Kay Kechington
Executive Member: Jenny Craig
Executive Member: Margaret Ernst
The Pre-Admission Nurses Association was established in August 2001, as a result of the increase in available Pre Admission services across Victoria.
The special interest group currently has over one hundred members and this number is always growing. Workshops are held every 3-4 months, which provides excellent networking opportunities, dynamic speakers to promote continuing education and a certificate of attendance.
The workshops are usually held at ANMF
House in the Carson Centre and we invite members from various hospitals in both
metropolitan and rural Victoria to provide a venue at least once per year.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote the professional and educational interests of Pre-admission nurses.
- To develop and monitor standards of practice within the area of Pre-admission.
- Promote the recognition of Pre-admission nursing as a professional nursing speciality.
- To provide peer support and networking opportunities for exchange of knowledge and experience.
- Provide forums for continuing education within the area of Pre-admission through lectures, presentations and seminars.
A $40 annual membership fee applies to all members. New members are most welcome. To join download the application form from the Resources Box.
Calendar of Events
Saturday 16 November 2014
at ANMF House. Topic to be advised.
you would like to contribute or know a great speaker; please contact your
committee via Kate Hussey at email email@example.com
Previous Workshop / Seminar Presentations
How does the Echuca Health pre-admission work?
How does Western Health pre-admission work?
Respiratory Function Tests
Regional Anaesthesia and Sedation
Fast Track Warfarin Patient Guidelines
Lung Function and Pre-op